Builder / Designer
Engines / Speed
When first introduced in 1996 the Azimut Sea Jet 70 set new standards in this size category. It was a very well received yacht and its not hard to see why. The layout features 4 guest cabins each with its own ensuite head and shower. Plus the layout provides for a full beam aft private master! Up forward in bow area is an access to the separate crew quarters that has two berths and head. Many appreciate the exquiste wall to wall high gloss cherry wood and the abundant marble flooring.
This one is a rare very well kept 70' Azimut Seajet with some significant improvements and great ownership history. She has had only three owners! The yacht now also benefits from being kept in fresh water since about 2000 when not being used. Her second owner brought this lovely Azimut up from Florida in about the year 2000. This owner kept this boat in fresh water on Lake Washington until 2014 when the current owner purchased her from the now Listing Agent. The current owner has kept her undercover in fresh water here on Lake Union.
So to a potential buyer here is the opportunity to buy a freshwater kept boat since year 2000 when not being used. While this is a 1998, her low hours 1,550hrs, freshwater moorage and an ownership history who has added upgrades everywhere make this the best 70 Azimut on the West Coast.
- All new custom complete Stamoid upper helm enclosure with access to boat deck 2015
- Upgraded Vetus Bow thruster 220kg with larger thruster tube for install 2014
- New Prosine inverter system 2014
- IRIS video camera system aft deck and engine room 2014
- Curved HD 4K 55" Samsung TV master 2014
- Curved Samsung Soundbar blue tooth compatible master
- Sony BluRay DVD player master
- New Batteries for Inverter system, engine start, generators and bow thruster 2014
- 7 Lumitec Gensis III white & blue underwater lights 2014
- Sony TV, Bluray player, Bose system for Salon
- Custom fiberglass modification to bridge settee to access boat deck Delta Marine
The Sea jet was designed to carry a large Jet Ski or small yacht tender in a stern accessed "garage" in the center of the transom. It features a large hinged door that opens the garage area up for storage of either item. There are two Kayaks stored in the garage currently that go with vessel.
This is one of the more popular 4 stateroom + crew designs with ensuite heads and showers layouts on market today. There's a VIP, and two twin bed guest staterooms forward, all with private heads with showers. The master, has a separate stairway down from the salon, aft. The cal-deck, salon, galley and dinette are all on one level, the main deck. In all there are five Vacuflush heads, five stall showers including the forward crew quarters. There are too many upgrades and improvements to mention here (see the full specs). This owner and the prior has made custom upgrades to the electrical system operations and electronics of this vessel.
Fresh Water: 398
There are stairs that go up either side from the swim platform and lead to the roomy covered Cal-deck located here is a long settee facing forward with a 6' teak dining table and nice overhead lighting. You enter the salon thru double stainless steel framed sliding doors. There are two large curved settees facing one another, one port, one starboard positioned to take full advantage of the large salon windows. There is a salon ice maker just inside to port for parties. Forward and to starboard is the galley with full compliment of apartment sized appliances. There is a custom storage pantry designed by the prior owner just forward giving much better galley storage than the original design. Located port of the galley is open staircase leads to the bridge. Forward of this staircase and on the port is a large dinette with custom dinette table large enough for 6-8 to dine. Located just underneath the stairs to the bridge is a pop up motorized storage system for the ships fine China. Moving a little forward and to starboard there is a complete pocket lower helm with instrumentation.
The VIP quarters are accessed from stairs leading to the forward area. The VIP with island queen berth is the most forward guest cabin with plenty of storage. It features a personal settee to starboard and private head with marble Vanity and separate stall shower and Vacu-flush toilet.
Aft of the VIP and located on the port side there is another guest stateroom with two twin berths and it also has its own guest head with Vacu-flush toilet, vanity and stall shower.
Directly across the companionway we find the starboard guest cabin with ensuite head and shower with another Vacu-flush and corner vanity. The starboard guest cabin features an upper and lower berth and private head with shower stall. It also doubles as a laundry room as the washer and dryer are located here.
The master benefits from having it's own private entrance and being full beam. It is accessed from the main salon located aft to starboard. This is truly a master stateroom and has a kingsize berth on center with mirrored vanity to port and a private double settee to starboard. The master benefits from having a curved bulkhead in which a curved 55" inch HD Samsung TV is mounted. The curve of the TV and the Samsung soundbar matches the wall and looks fantastic. So it is quite an impressive audio & video delight for those viewing it in the Master stateroom. The master head has a huge marble vanity with dual double sinks, Vacu-flush head and stall shower.
There are crew quarters forward, accessed from the foredeck thru a large hatch. There are 2 bunks, head and shower.
The galley is located starboard, forward of the main salon. There is an outside door that leads direct to the galley for easier provisioning. This Azimut has a much needed custom pantry just forward of the galley. The counters are marble, as is the deck, and there are double polished stainless steel sinks at the apex in the aft corner. There is a full size Bosch stainless steel covered dishwasher located right next to the galley sinks. Under counter storage for pots and pans right of the sinks. Forward there is a 4 Gaggenau 4-burner Halogen cooktop with separate full size Miele oven under. Above the cooktop is a GE stainless steel microwave oven. Left of the range and cooktop is a 7' Euro style refer from Liebherr with the top half refer and lower half, freezer drawers. Galley has the ability with a switch to be completely cordoned from the salon with a high low separation wall.
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Full size Bosch Dishwasher new 2014
- Full size Miele Oven new 2015
- 4-Burner Gaggenau Cooktop
- Stainless steel GE Microwave oven
- 7' Liebherr Refer and freezer
- Custom pantry locker installed by Delta Marine
- Custom larger dinette table and standard 2 table arrangement
- Galley door direct to outside deck
- Additional deep freeze under seating in Cal deck settee
- Complete China ware set to transfer to Buyer
- All galley wares to transfer to Buyer
- Lower Helm
- Naiad Stabilizer controls
- Big Bay Computer Monitor
- Furuno Navnet Controls
- Furuno GPS Mapping
- Color Furuno Radar
- Color Furuno Sounder
- Upgraded Furuno HUB101 Transducer 2014 w/dual frequency
- Raypilot R-650 Auto pilot
- Autohelm Digital GPS
- Autohelm Tri-data, speed, depth,wind
- Video Camera Monitor
- ICOM M-604 VHF
- Vetus Bow thruster controls
- IRIS video camera joy stick controller PAN & TILT & ZOOM new 2015
- Bridge Helm
- Naiad Stabilizer controls
- Furuno Navnet Color monitor
- Color Radar, Sounder, GPS Charting
- Raymarine Dragon Fly system 2014 with Chirp
- Sounder, GPS Charting
- Raymarine CPT80 transducer 2014
- Autohelm wind indicator
- Interphase Sonar indicator
- Vetus Bow Thruster controls
- ICOM M-604 VHF
- Sony AM/FM/CD player
- Autohelm GPS digital
- Autohelm Tri-data, speed, depth
- Autohelm Rudder angle indicator
- Raypilot Autopilot digital controls
- IRIS106 camera system with joy stick remote interfaced with Furuno
There are 2 Onan 20kW generators in the engine room each enclosed in sound shields.
These produce 240V/60khz power. There is also an Glendenning Cablemaster electric cable recoiler for the 50 amp/240v shore power cord located port and starboard aft.
The owner has recently added 8 deep cycle golf cart batteries 2014, a separate inverter for the refer system with remote compressor in the engine room and upgraded all of the batteries for house and starting since 2014.
- 2-Onan Generators 20MDKAE with 2,400 hours
- 4 battery chargers
- 3-Prosine Inverters
- Mastervolt Mass Combi Inverter for house 24v /4000
- 6 Dyno 6volt J16C batteries new 2014 house bank
The engine room is entered from a full height door from the port walk-around side deck. A ladder leads down to the stand-up engine room. There are block heaters for both engines to help with easy start ups and smoke reduction. The generators are forward in the engine room in enclosed sound shields. Aft of the port engine is the Hydraulic reservoir for the Naiad Stabilizers.
Of note the original bow thruster was a 24 Volt approximately 110kg thrust motor. Owner had Yacht Services here in Seattle in 2014 upgrade it to a 24volt 220kgf model 22024 thrust motor. Doing so also required using a bigger bow thruster tube. Additionally the batteries MasterVolt "slim" were both upgraded to AGM and a new battery charger Charles 24v 40amp devoted only for these batteries was installed as well. The batteries for the bow thruster have their own devoted 12 volt digital monitor system also installed new 2014.
- twin MTU 12V183 Turbo diesels with 1560 Hours
- Vessel realistic top speed 24.9kts at max rpm
- All new engine Dyno model 8DC start batteries 2014 main engines
- 2-Onan 20kW generators model MDKAE with 2,400 hours
- All new Dyno model M24M 12v batteries
- Naiad Stabilizers
- Vetus Bow Thruster
- Reverse Cycle Air/Heat throughout
A great feature of the Azimut 70 Sea jet, are the walk-around side decks and roomy aft, Cal-deck. The Cal-deck is covered all the way to the aft settee and is well lit. There are large warping winches port and starboard on the Cal-deck. There is a coldplate refer/freezer on both sides of the Cal deck here located next to the salon entrance double doors. Crew quarters are located through a bow foredeck hatch with two bunks, head and shower.
Upper Helm Bridge
The flying bridge is accessed from inside by an open stairway leading up to port from forward of the salon. The entire upper bridge aft to the radar arch got a new custom specified and designed by the owner Stamoid Canvas enclosure in 2015. There is a double seat helm to starboard with full compliment of electronics (see above). Aft of the bridge helm is a large, kingsize, sun pad (could be an extra berth). Across from the lounge is a curved table and curved settee for six. When the owner had the custom canvas complete enclosure made they had the windows follow the curve of the settee as well. The result is a very expansive upper deck area. Forward of this settee to port is the cabinet for BBQ station. Additionally there is a also an additional refrigerator here. The standard arrangement was for one BBQ but the owner has added a 2nd BBQ custom.
The tender is a 15' Novurania tender with 50hp Honda 4-stroke that is carried on the bridge, aft and lifted by a 1000# Davit. The Sea jet designed "garage" houses kayaks and paddles.
- Fiberglass walk-thru modification for improved access to dinghy (Delta Marine)
- Warping winches (2000#)on Cal-deck
- Windlass (3500#) with all chain
- Electric/hydraulic davit on bridge
- Extra BBQ on Bridge
- All new Venturi plexiglass windshields upper helm installed 2014
- All salon windows rebed 2014
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.