I really did my research for the perfect cocktail and easy but delicious dinner to start the boating season with a bang! I think I found a winning combination. Entertaining while boating is fun but you don’t want to spend hours preparing. The key to successful entertaining on board is to ensure everyone, including the hosts, are eating and drinking as much as their guests.
I find myself craving a good Bloody Mary at least once a week so this Tomato and Tequila cocktail peaked my interest. All I can say is don’t skip on the cilantro. I also recommend adding a lime wedge and if you want to get fancy, a salted rim. Of course you can have this drink as an early morning or brunch cocktail but I thought it paired very well with grilled shrimp tacos and it does.
Let us know what you think. We would love your feedback. Do you have a fabulous boating recipe you would like to share? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tomato and Tequila
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 2 ounces blanco or reposado tequila
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Hot-pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- In a large glass, combine tomato juice, tequila, and lime juice. Add ice and several dashes hot-pepper sauce, and garnish with cilantro.