These grilled shrimp tacos are super easy and quick to make. There’s a ton of flavor yet the tacos are light and refreshing. One thing to note: You must have a grill on board. If you don’t, give our Lake Union Sea Ray Seattle location a call. Our Parts & Service department is generally stocked with grills and we’ll be happy to install it for you.
Let us know what you think. We would love your feedback. Do you have a fabulous boating recipe you would like to share? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 limes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 to 3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- Bottled green tomatillo salsa
- Whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, and cumin. Set aside.
- Skewer the shrimp. (If using wood skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes beforehand.)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic.
- Preheat a gas grill to high; adjust to medium after 15 minutes. (If cooking over charcoal, allow the coals to burn until they are covered with gray ash.)
- Brush the skewered shrimp with the garlic butter.
- Place them on the grill with the limes. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are opaque and the limes are browned.
- Remove from grill. Lightly salt the shrimp.
- Grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, then place inside a paper bag to keep warm.
- To serve, pull the shrimp off the skewers and divide them evenly among the tortillas. Top with the cabbage, sour cream sauce, tomatillo salsa, and a spritz of grilled lime.